Deadline: June 28, 2020
The Advocacy is in Your Blood Scholarship was created to support students who have taken an active role in advocating for something that is important to them – whether it is legislation, a cause related to their bleeding disorder, self-advocacy, or advocating for other causes. The founder, Joshua Kim, was involved in advocating to Congress for affordable medical treatment for those affected by bleeding disorders. Joshua saw how hemophilia didn’t have to restrict one’s life, but only through affordable treatment. He hopes to encourage kids to stay healthy and active and live a life unhindered by hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
- The Advocacy is in Your Blood Scholarship is for those affected by hemophilia or other bleeding disorders. This scholarship goes to support students with bleeding disorders to pursue higher educational opportunities and who have been involved in advocacy.
- Must be accepted into an educational/vocational institution and able to provide proof of enrollment.
- Must be a resident of, or have a permanent address in, one of the following Southern California counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo, Ventura, Kern, Inyo and Santa Barbara.
- Priority given to applicants who are actively involved in advocacy.
- Completed application
- One letter of recommendation (teacher, guidance counselor, employer, etc.)
- Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Submit all materials via email to email@example.com