Due to the extreme generosity of the late Dr. Earl James Fahringer, the Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California is thrilled to have a scholarship fund known as the Dr. Earl James Fahringer Arts Scholarship, which will be awarded each year to 1-2 students pursuing a major in music, arts, drama, or dance. Dr. Fahringer was a lifelong musician, and music educator in the Pomona School District and served as a violinist, violist, percussionist, Assistant Conductor, Music Director, and Co-Conductor of the Claremont Symphony Orchestra. We hope to provide the means for young musicians and artists to pursue their education through this scholarship.
Complete the application and submit it no later than Monday, June 5, 2023, 11:59PM.
Award Amount: $250-$1000
- Must be a person with a bleeding disorder OR must have an immediate family member with a bleeding disorder; however, priority will be given to those with bleeding disorders;
- Applicant is planning to pursue a post-secondary education at a community college, four-year college/university or vocational school, or is pursuing graduate degree or continuing education program. Must be able to provide proof of acceptance or enrollment at approved institution;
- Must be a resident of, or have permanent address in, one of the following Southern California counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo, Ventura, Kern, Inyo and Santa Barbara;
- Priority given to first time applicants;
- Priority given to applicants who are actively involved with HFSC.
Completed Application, including:
- Application form (signed)
- Resume and/or list of current activities, clubs, honors, awards, volunteer work
- Two letters of recommendation (teacher, guidance counselor, employer, etc.); please be sure to get updated recommendations for 2023
- Transcript(s) (unofficial is acceptable)
- Evidence of enrollment at educational/vocational institution
- Short Bio and Photo for use in HFSC newsletter and website if awarded scholarship
- Application with all required materials must be submitted no later than June 5, 2023
- For questions, please email: email@example.com, and put “Scholarship Question” in the subject line
- Address paper applications to:
Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California
Attn: Scholarship Committee
959 East Walnut Street, Suite 114
Pasadena, CA 91106