Due to the extreme generosity of the late Dr. Earl James Fahringer, the Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California is thrilled to have a scholarship fund known as the Dr. Earl James Fahringer Arts Scholarship, which will be awarded each year to 1-2 students pursuing a major in music, arts, drama, or dance. Dr. Fahringer was a lifelong musician, and music educator in the Pomona School District and served as a violinist, violist, percussionist, Assistant Conductor, Music Director, and Co-Conductor of the Claremont Symphony Orchestra. We hope to provide the means for young musicians and artists to pursue their education through this scholarship.
Complete the application and return it postmarked no later than Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 11:59PM.
- Must be a person with a bleeding disorder OR must have an immediate family member with a bleeding disorder; however, priority will be given to those with bleeding disorders;
- Must be accepted into an educational/vocational institution and able to provide proof of enrollment;
- Must be a resident of, or have permanent address in, one of the following Southern California counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo, Ventura, Kern, Inyo and Santa Barbara;
- Priority given to first time applicants;
- Priority given to applicants who are actively involved with HFSC.
- Completed Application, including bio or resume
- Two letters of recommendation (teacher, guidance counselor, employer, etc.);
- Transcript(s) (unofficial is acceptable)
- Evidence of enrollment at educational/vocational institution.
- Application with all required materials must be postmarked no later than June 1, 2020.
- Address all applications to:
Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California
Attn: Scholarship Committee
959 East Walnut Street, Suite 114
Pasadena, CA 91106